It was the last game of the first round of the Ghana FA Division One League between 13th placed team, All Blacks and 2nd place team, Skyy FC of Daboase. Either side needed the points badly, for various reasons- Skyy FC needed the points to keep the chase on Goldstars at the top while the home side needed the three points to boost their survival.

Malik made two changes to his team that annihilated Hasaacas at home by 3 goals to nil. Emmanuel Ansah was in posts, Captain Martin Owusu at right back, newbie, Isaac Quagraine started at left back with Ebenezer Acquah and John Asmah in Center back completing the defense line. In a 4:2:4 formation, Ebenezer Ocran and Francis Oteng took charge of midfield duties with Emmanuel Eshun and Musa Baba Hamadu on the flanks. Osman Mohammed who was debuting for Skyy paired with Veteran Frederick Quayson in the heart of attack.

Skyy FC dominated the game in the early embers of the game, creating chances from the wings. In the 4th minute, Baba Musa Hamadu (Amando) run through the left side of the home team’s box, dribbled two players and played through but Frederick Quayson failed to to tap in. The continuous pressure from the visitors paid off in the 9th minute when the All Blacks goalie miscalculated a challenge for an aerial ball. The ball fell the way of debutant, Osman Mohammed who slotted it home giving his side an early lead.

After the goal, the home side warmed themselves into the game and started dominating from the 20th minute. They got the equaliser in the 33rd minute. The first half ended at a stalemate.

The home team came in strong in the second half, creating problems for the visitors’ defense. In the 49th minute, a miscommunication between Emmanuel Ansah and Martin Owusu offered a lose ball which was pounced on by an All Blacks attacker, who wasted no time putting the ball in the net giving the home side the lead.

In the 59th minute, Coach Malik introduced Ebenezer Mamatah in place of Frederick Quayson. His coming yielded results as he provided an assist for Emmanuel Eshun to. Score after a sublime solo move which saw him take on 2 defenders of the Ozii boys.

Isaac Quagraine sustained injury in the 70th minute and was replaced by Samuel Arthur. Samuel Arthur took charge of right back while Martin Owusu moved to left back. Ibrahim Sannie replaced Osman Mohammed in the 75th minute.

The introduction of Mamatah and Sannie appeared to be the magic wand. The visitors pressed until they got what looked like the winner in the 80th minute until they got another goal in the 85th minute, all through Ibrahim Sannie who was playing his first game this season after being sidelined through injury since November 2020.

Skyy ended the first round with a sumptuous win away at Swedru, bringing back hopes of qualification, especially, after Goldstars, their main competitor drew at Wassaman.

The second round starts on 16th April with Skyy playing guests to Cape Coast Venomous Vipers.

Leave a Reply